Saturday, September 13, 2014

That Day I Needed a Break


A few weeks ago in the height of my moving excitement I decided I needed a bit of a break so I walked down to my favorite spot overlooking the lake and I took my old camera and my sketchpad.



I had my flannel and my backpack and I was enjoying the weather so I sat down and decided to sketch the skyline. I also made a portrait of myself but I don't think it's worthy of posting.  Isabel likes it and so does Ian but I think it's just mediocre.



I love the choppy-ness of the waves, it matched my feelings that day it was gray and gloomy but in a calm before the storm kind of way.





That day I was really loving vines growing up the trees. Something about the way they coexist is just beautiful to me.



I took my shoes off on the walk home because shoes are actually lame and wearing them is boring. 

Music for this post:  Mess is Mine// Vance Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment